Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Stencil Rendering States do not get updated when setting via Shader.SetGlobalInt()
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity Project in comment "SimpleRepro.zip"
2. Load Scene "Stencil_SetShaderGlobal_Bug"
3. Enter Play mode
4. Click on StencilID = 0, StencilID = 1, StencilID = 2 to see that each button mask out the sphere differently (correct)
5. Exit Play mode.
6. Load Shader script "Shaders\StencilGlobalDiffuse"
7. Change "ZWrite [_GlobalZWrite]" to "ZWrite On"
8. Enter Play mode again
9. Repeat step 4 to see nothing happens (wrong)
Expected result: Stencils would get updated both via script and via property block in the Inspector.
Actual result: Stencils do not update until the global ZWrite state or another Stencil state is updated.
Reproducible with: Unity 5.6.1p3, 2017.1.0b1, 2017.1.0b6, 2017.1.0b10, 2018.3.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2020.3] Play Mode has visual artifacts when Graphics API is set to DirectX12 with Dynamic Resolution enabled
- White texture appears when setting “RenderTextureFormat.Depth” to “RenderTexture” on the Camera
- Cursor is visible when using “Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked” and “Cursor.visible = false”
- Material.SetOverrideTag setting LightMode tag has no effect
- Decal is not rendered when in Camera component Culling Mask dropdown field Default is unselected