Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
[Texture Importer]Crunched textures fail in builds
When using crunch compression textures fail to load in builds and are replaced with black.
Steps to repro:
1. Load texture into unity
2. Apply texture to an object in scene
3. Tick use crunched compression
4. Build, notice texture is black
Alternatively download the attached project 'case_889527_CrunchedTextureFail.zip' in comment below.
Reproduced on 5.5.2p2 5.6.0b11 5.6.0f1 2017.1.0a3
Not reproduced on : 5.6.0b4
Regression introduced in: 5.6.0b6
Expected result: Crunch textures to work in standalone builds
Actual result: Crunch textures are being loaded as black
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Virtual device crashes with "Scudo ERROR: invalid chunk state when deallocating address" error in Firebase Test Lab when Optimized Frame Pacing is enabled
- Particle System does not resume when its Culling Mode is set to "Pause" or "Pause and Catch-up," and particle position simulate in world space
- "Custom Render Queue" field cannot be set above "2000" when changing it in the Inspector window using Debug mode
- "Preloaded Assets" list is empty when Player is built
- Input.GetKey() does not register key release when a specific key is pressed, and then released after opening a context menu