Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
[Texture Importer]Crunched textures fail in builds
When using crunch compression textures fail to load in builds and are replaced with black.
Steps to repro:
1. Load texture into unity
2. Apply texture to an object in scene
3. Tick use crunched compression
4. Build, notice texture is black
Alternatively download the attached project 'case_889527_CrunchedTextureFail.zip' in comment below.
Reproduced on 5.5.2p2 5.6.0b11 5.6.0f1 2017.1.0a3
Not reproduced on : 5.6.0b4
Regression introduced in: 5.6.0b6
Expected result: Crunch textures to work in standalone builds
Actual result: Crunch textures are being loaded as black
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Recursive rendering refraction is very different compared to Rasterization/PathTracing
- [VFX] SMR sampling first frame after culling in T-Pose
- Can't select color from Editor with color picker when Unity Editor is on Secondary monitor
- [Linux] "Error while reading movie" errors in Learning templates due to unsupported .mov video format
- [Android] Crash with Signal 11 when opening app from floating icon state