Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Standalone] Long delay when switching scenes in standalone build
1. Open attached Unity project.
2. Open and play "Scenes > MainMenu" scene.
3. Click Start Game (Bolt).
4. Notice how fast scene changes(GIFs attached).
5. Build and run as standalone.
6. Click Start Game (Bolt).
7. Notice increased loading time(GIFs attached).
Regression introduced in 5.2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
Mar 28, 2016 17:09
I'm experiencing this using Unity 5.3.4p1, going back to my main menu (exiting the in-game) is almost instant within the editor, however in standalone-builds I've experienced wait times of up to 15 minutes - in which I thought the game had crashed, but I just have to wait it out.
Mar 23, 2016 08:22
As of Unity 5.3.4f1, if I set all substances to bake and discard substance (and re-import each substance after doing so), then the scene loads after a few moments.
Mar 13, 2016 01:32
If substances are exported to bitmaps, which are then used in materials, and the substances removed from the project the issue goes away.
Mar 11, 2016 00:51
Note that within some projects, whilst the delay occurs, the standalone build does not send profile debugging information to the editor. The information resumes being sent once the delay is over.