Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Sprite is not being highlighted in the Project window when pressing on it in the Inspector window if using a specific Layout
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "Test.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" Scene (Assets>Scenes>SampleScene)
3. In the Hierarchy expand "Canvas"
4. Select "Image"
5. In the Inspector window press on "emoji" Sprite field
Expected result: Sprite is highlighting in the Project window
Actual result: Sprite is not highlighting in the Project window
Reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.18f1, 2021.1.20f1, 2021.2.0b12, 2022.1.0a9
- If the Layout is changed from the "Layout" button then highlighting is working
Nov 18, 2021 10:34
FYI, it turned out I had a lock icon enabled in the hierarchy pane. It seems that it disables the highlighting feature. This is somewhat logical, but maybe it could be addressed anyway - the lock icon might blink maybe? From my perspective It really looked like a bug and there was no indication whatsoever that the hierarchy was just locked.
Oct 15, 2021 11:31
Hello. Are there plans to fix this issue anytime soon?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
The project view window was locked. A Locked project view indicates that no changes should be made externally, including expanding a sprite asset to ping its sub-asset.
Added a ping to indicate if the window is locked.
Fixed in: 2022.1.0b1