Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Sprite.Create() is Creating a sprite with incorrect bounds
How to reproduce:
1. Open QA provided stripped project "SpriteCreateBounds.zip"
2. Enter play mode
-- Notice one sprite is at the centre of camera viewport, and another one is perfectly following the mouse
3. Exit play mode and open "ColourPlacementCircle.cs"
4. Comment out line 41 (Sprite.Instantiate) and uncomment line 42 (Sprite.Create)
5. Enter play mode again
-- Notice that both sprites are offset to bottom left and not visible on the screen
Sprite.Instantiate() Bounds: Center
Sprite.Create() Bounds: -496, -496
Reproduced on: 2017.1.3f1, 2017.2.1p2, 2017.3.0p2, 2018.1.0b3, 2018.2.0a1
By design - Updated docs to reflect actual behaviour.
The correct pivot value that is passed into Sprite.Create should be normalized to (0,0) -> (1,1) where (0,0) is bottom left, (1,1) is top right (center will be (0.5, 0.5))
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity freezes when opening a project
- [Silicon] Artifacts appear in the Game view when resizing the window/entering the Play Mode in a specific project
- Marker in the animation’s preview window doesn’t stop when reaching the end of the timeline and jumps to the start of the animation when moving it with the cursor
- Animation Event marker is not placed on the current time of the timeline when using the “Add Event” button
- Editor crashes on vector_map<ConstantString,AssetBundle when using the LoadAssetAsync function