Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Sprite.Create() is Creating a sprite with incorrect bounds
How to reproduce:
1. Open QA provided stripped project "SpriteCreateBounds.zip"
2. Enter play mode
-- Notice one sprite is at the centre of camera viewport, and another one is perfectly following the mouse
3. Exit play mode and open "ColourPlacementCircle.cs"
4. Comment out line 41 (Sprite.Instantiate) and uncomment line 42 (Sprite.Create)
5. Enter play mode again
-- Notice that both sprites are offset to bottom left and not visible on the screen
Sprite.Instantiate() Bounds: Center
Sprite.Create() Bounds: -496, -496
Reproduced on: 2017.1.3f1, 2017.2.1p2, 2017.3.0p2, 2018.1.0b3, 2018.2.0a1
By design - Updated docs to reflect actual behaviour.
The correct pivot value that is passed into Sprite.Create should be normalized to (0,0) -> (1,1) where (0,0) is bottom left, (1,1) is top right (center will be (0.5, 0.5))
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] crash on il2cpp::os::Image::Initialize() on Application launch
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'