Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Sprite.Create() is Creating a sprite with incorrect bounds
How to reproduce:
1. Open QA provided stripped project "SpriteCreateBounds.zip"
2. Enter play mode
-- Notice one sprite is at the centre of camera viewport, and another one is perfectly following the mouse
3. Exit play mode and open "ColourPlacementCircle.cs"
4. Comment out line 41 (Sprite.Instantiate) and uncomment line 42 (Sprite.Create)
5. Enter play mode again
-- Notice that both sprites are offset to bottom left and not visible on the screen
Sprite.Instantiate() Bounds: Center
Sprite.Create() Bounds: -496, -496
Reproduced on: 2017.1.3f1, 2017.2.1p2, 2017.3.0p2, 2018.1.0b3, 2018.2.0a1
By design - Updated docs to reflect actual behaviour.
The correct pivot value that is passed into Sprite.Create should be normalized to (0,0) -> (1,1) where (0,0) is bottom left, (1,1) is top right (center will be (0.5, 0.5))
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open