Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Sprite changes in play mode when using [TIGHT] texture packing and high quality compression
1. Open project attached (SpriteMeshBreaksWhenPacked.zip)
2. Open scene Main
3. Press play.
Expected result: All three sprites will look identically or very similar to each other.
Actual result: Sprite in the middle changed its appearance.
Workaround: In advanced settings set Alpha Source to "Input Texture Alpha" and mark Read/Write Enabled.
Notes: This problem only happens when texture import settings has packing tag set to "[TIGHT]" and compression set to "High Quality".
That sprite is also affected in Sprite packer.
Problem does not appear when using "High Quality" compression with "[TIGHT]" or when using compression "[TIGHT]" but other compression type.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0f3, 5.5.0p4, 5.6.0b4.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- "Color Picker not supported on this platform" error is thrown when UseOSColorPicker is set to true on Windows
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to baked lightmap textures
- GameObject is not culled and can be seen in the Frame Debugger when Camera is facing away from it
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%