Search Issue Tracker
Sort Order is not respected for a newly created Canvas until Play Mode is entered or any adjustments are made
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (SortOrderTests) and 'SampleScene' scene
2. See that the Sort Order of the Canvas GameObject is set to 100
3. Create a new Canvas GameObject
4. Add a UI > Image GameObject to the new Canvas
Expected result: the new Image is rendered behind the existing one
Actual result: the new Image is rendered in front of the existing one
Reproducible with: 2017.4.23f1, 2018.3.10f1, 2019.1.0b8, 2019.2.0a9
Changing any of the Canvas Component settings for the newer Canvas GameObject or entering Play Mode fixes the incorrect sorting order
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website