Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy
1. Open the attached project "Case_1385025" and load Scene "SampleScene"
2. In the Hierarchy, right-click the "DefaultParent" GameObject and select "Set as Default Parent"
3. In the Menu Bar select "GameObject -> UI-> Canvas"
4. Observe the Scene's Hierarchy
Expected result: GameObjects are created with the "DefaultParent" as its parent
Actual result: GameObjects with no parent GameObject are created
Reproducible with: 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0b1
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1 (Set as Default Parent not available)
- Examples of GameObjects that do not respect the Default Parent option:
- Any GameObject under UI in the GameObject menu
- UI Document
- Any GameObjects under Cinemachine in the GameObject menu
- GameObject created in Scripts via "new GameObject()" or "Instantiate()";
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes