Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.0
Slow, system-crippling startup of D3D11 players with DisplayPort monitors
1) Locate a machine with an NVIDIA graphics card where the monitor is connected via a DisplayPort connection.
2) Build a Windows Standalone player that is set to use the D3D11 API only.
3) Launch the player.
4) Observe that between double-clicking the executable and seeing the launcher appear, some time passes - anything from 2 seconds to 30 seconds - during which the entire OS is sluggish, almost to the point of being unresponsive.
5) Compare the behaviour to the same project built to use D3D9 - no delay is observed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
Dec 16, 2015 21:59
While DX11 is fixed in 5.3
I can still reproduce this with GlCore on Windows.
Oct 25, 2015 04:07
Jul 18, 2015 20:00
The game Rust (uses Unity) has the same issue. If you start it using DX11 (default) it chugs. Start it with DX9 and the resolution picking dialog appears in just a couple seconds.
Nvidia GTX 770, drivers 353.30, Win7 x64
Jul 17, 2015 20:08
I can confirm this.
I changed the cable on my monitor from DVI-D to DisplayPort and my DX11 project takes about 15 secs to show the resolution picking Unity dialog. Mouse cursor is sluggish and CPU is pinned during that time. I switched the project to DX9 and the problem goes away.