Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.3.0
Slow, system-crippling startup of D3D11 players with DisplayPort monitors
1) Locate a machine with an NVIDIA graphics card where the monitor is connected via a DisplayPort connection.
2) Build a Windows Standalone player that is set to use the D3D11 API only.
3) Launch the player.
4) Observe that between double-clicking the executable and seeing the launcher appear, some time passes - anything from 2 seconds to 30 seconds - during which the entire OS is sluggish, almost to the point of being unresponsive.
5) Compare the behaviour to the same project built to use D3D9 - no delay is observed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- "The page you were looking for doesn't exist" message appears when trying to Sign in using Unity Hub/Editor
- [Regression] Enviroment lighting is broken in the 2017.4.27f1 version
- Usymtool does not support arm64e
- [Addressables] Exception is thrown when accessing AssetReference.Asset before the asset is loaded