Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1, 2017.2
SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh is null when created via script
1. Download project "TestProject.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open scene "testscene"
3. Enter Play mode
Expected: SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh should be initialized
Actual: code line "newSkinnedMeshRenderer.sharedMesh = new Mesh();" triggers error in Unity console:
"SkinnedMeshRenderer: Trying to set a mesh ("") that is unfit for use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Most likely it doesn't have Skin information and/or is only assigned to the renderer during runtime, in which case Unity isn't aware of its use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Mark the mesh as Readable or assign it to the renderer in the Editor before building.
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0p4; 2017.1.1f1; 2017.2.0b9; 2017.3.0a6
Not reproduced on: 5.5.4p4; 5.6.3p2; 2017.1.0f3; 2017.1.0p3
Regression started: 2017.1.0p4
Fixed on: 5.6.3p3; 2017.1.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)