Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1, 2017.2
SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh is null when created via script
1. Download project "TestProject.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open scene "testscene"
3. Enter Play mode
Expected: SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh should be initialized
Actual: code line "newSkinnedMeshRenderer.sharedMesh = new Mesh();" triggers error in Unity console:
"SkinnedMeshRenderer: Trying to set a mesh ("") that is unfit for use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Most likely it doesn't have Skin information and/or is only assigned to the renderer during runtime, in which case Unity isn't aware of its use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Mark the mesh as Readable or assign it to the renderer in the Editor before building.
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0p4; 2017.1.1f1; 2017.2.0b9; 2017.3.0a6
Not reproduced on: 5.5.4p4; 5.6.3p2; 2017.1.0f3; 2017.1.0p3
Regression started: 2017.1.0p4
Fixed on: 5.6.3p3; 2017.1.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI