Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1, 2017.2
SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh is null when created via script
1. Download project "TestProject.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open scene "testscene"
3. Enter Play mode
Expected: SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh should be initialized
Actual: code line "newSkinnedMeshRenderer.sharedMesh = new Mesh();" triggers error in Unity console:
"SkinnedMeshRenderer: Trying to set a mesh ("") that is unfit for use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Most likely it doesn't have Skin information and/or is only assigned to the renderer during runtime, in which case Unity isn't aware of its use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Mark the mesh as Readable or assign it to the renderer in the Editor before building.
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0p4; 2017.1.1f1; 2017.2.0b9; 2017.3.0a6
Not reproduced on: 5.5.4p4; 5.6.3p2; 2017.1.0f3; 2017.1.0p3
Regression started: 2017.1.0p4
Fixed on: 5.6.3p3; 2017.1.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build
- [Wild Crash] Editor crashes on mono_aot_get_cached_class_info when GizmoSetup has cached an outdated data
- URP not rendering with a Renderer Feature before rendering shadows