Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1, 2017.2
SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh is null when created via script
1. Download project "TestProject.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open scene "testscene"
3. Enter Play mode
Expected: SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh should be initialized
Actual: code line "newSkinnedMeshRenderer.sharedMesh = new Mesh();" triggers error in Unity console:
"SkinnedMeshRenderer: Trying to set a mesh ("") that is unfit for use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Most likely it doesn't have Skin information and/or is only assigned to the renderer during runtime, in which case Unity isn't aware of its use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Mark the mesh as Readable or assign it to the renderer in the Editor before building.
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0p4; 2017.1.1f1; 2017.2.0b9; 2017.3.0a6
Not reproduced on: 5.5.4p4; 5.6.3p2; 2017.1.0f3; 2017.1.0p3
Regression started: 2017.1.0p4
Fixed on: 5.6.3p3; 2017.1.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- [Physics Debugger] Colliders are visualized even if their Layer is not selected in the Show Layers property
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [UWP] Builds fail with Rewired
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source