Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1, 2017.2
SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh is null when created via script
1. Download project "TestProject.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open scene "testscene"
3. Enter Play mode
Expected: SkinnedMeshRenderer property sharedMesh should be initialized
Actual: code line "newSkinnedMeshRenderer.sharedMesh = new Mesh();" triggers error in Unity console:
"SkinnedMeshRenderer: Trying to set a mesh ("") that is unfit for use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Most likely it doesn't have Skin information and/or is only assigned to the renderer during runtime, in which case Unity isn't aware of its use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Mark the mesh as Readable or assign it to the renderer in the Editor before building.
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0p4; 2017.1.1f1; 2017.2.0b9; 2017.3.0a6
Not reproduced on: 5.5.4p4; 5.6.3p2; 2017.1.0f3; 2017.1.0p3
Regression started: 2017.1.0p4
Fixed on: 5.6.3p3; 2017.1.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error
- [Android] "AndroidETC2FallbackOverride.Quality32BitDownscaled" does not work on an Atlas created with the Legacy Sprite Packer
- Debug.Log() Context not highlighted when pressed after printing in Test Runner's EditMode