Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Shortcut Manager - You can assign commands to the modifier keys by dragging and dropping via the keyboard layout panel
It is possible to assign a command to a modifier key by dragging and dropping the command from the command list to the keyboard layout. If you then attempt to use the command via the shortcut, it won't work.
You can't assign a command to a modifier key when double clicking it, so you shouldn't be able to do it via drag/drop either.
1. Install Unity
2. Launch Unity
3. Create a new project with any settings
4. Go to Edit > Shortcuts
5. Select any command and drag/drop it onto a modifier key in the keyboard layout e.g. shift, control, alt
The user should not be able to assign commands to the modifier keys.
The shortcut binding is successfully created, but the command will not work when the shortcut is pressed.
Tested on Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine