Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Shape] Using mesh colors with a mesh renderer emitter throws an error if the mesh's shader doesn't have a _Color property
Using mesh renderers for emitters with shaders which do not have the _Color property (i.e. Particles/Alpha Blended) throws an error in the console.
1. Open ParticleBug scene from attached project.
2. Select Particle System in Hierarchy and under the Shape module enable "Use Mesh Colors".
3. Observe error in Console.
Expected outcome: Use mesh colors to account for all _Color values provided in Unity's build-in shaders (i.e. _Color, _TintColor, etc.)
- not a regression; new-ish feature, happens in 5.3.2f1
- while not all names used for color can be accounted for, perhaps covering just the ones used in Unity's build-in shaders would suffice.
- workaround is to simply name one's color property in the shader used "_Color".
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete