Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Shape] Using mesh colors with a mesh renderer emitter throws an error if the mesh's shader doesn't have a _Color property
Using mesh renderers for emitters with shaders which do not have the _Color property (i.e. Particles/Alpha Blended) throws an error in the console.
1. Open ParticleBug scene from attached project.
2. Select Particle System in Hierarchy and under the Shape module enable "Use Mesh Colors".
3. Observe error in Console.
Expected outcome: Use mesh colors to account for all _Color values provided in Unity's build-in shaders (i.e. _Color, _TintColor, etc.)
- not a regression; new-ish feature, happens in 5.3.2f1
- while not all names used for color can be accounted for, perhaps covering just the ones used in Unity's build-in shaders would suffice.
- workaround is to simply name one's color property in the shader used "_Color".
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'