Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Shaders][LiveLink] When a variant has an error, nothing is rendered in the player
1. Create a new project
2. Create a shader that uses shader_feature functionality.
3. Make a compilation error in the shader for a non-default variant of shader_feature
4. Assign this shader to a material, use the material on a cube in an empty scene
5. Make a custom build using C# and make sure to use BuildOptions.ShaderLivelinkSupport (https://docs.unity3d.com/2020.2/Documentation/ScriptReference/BuildOptions.ShaderLivelinkSupport.html)
6. Add a script to switch to a shader_feature with a shader that produces an error
7. Run the player
Expected: when switching to a variant that has compilation errors at runtime, error shader is used
Actual: nothing is rendered
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.