Search Issue Tracker
Shaders imported from Blender break inside Unity
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open the "Eye" Scene
3. Observe the "Eye1 Variant" GameObject and "EyeFromBlender" GameObject
Expected results: the two GameObjects look the same
Actual results: the two GameObjects look different
Reproducible with: 2020.3.13f1, 2021.1.14f1, 2021.2.0b6, 2022.1.0a4
Could not test with: 2019.429f1 (project corrupts when downgrading it)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
The mesh exported from blender is not the same as the one provided with HDRP. It looks like the up vector was not correctly set in blender export settings.
Alternatively, you can copy and modify the provided Eye shadergraph to change the cornea refraction. The CorneaRefraction Node expects the eye to look along the Z axis, which is not the case with the mesh exported from blender.