Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in f7196971fa955d71839d5f18496351e3ad48a7c9
Found in [Package]
[Shadergraph] Virtual Texture "Layer Reference" name doesn't sanitize pasted inputs
1. Create a shadergraph
2. Create a virtual texture
3. Copy and paste a word with an invalid symbol (such as an exclamation point or a space) into the "Layer Reference" space in the virtual texture options in the node settings in the graph inspector
Expected result: the pasted string is sanitized
Actual result: the pasted string makes it in with invalid characters, the graph breaks, and although errors show up in the graph, no errors show up in console, making the problem difficult to debug (this is why I chose severity 2)
On top of fixing the bug, it should be looked into why no errors were printed to console, which in and of itself is a bug. Whatever caused that should also be fixed.
Related doc ticket: https://unity3d.atlassian.net/browse/DOC-2827
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"