Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in f7196971fa955d71839d5f18496351e3ad48a7c9
Found in [Package]
[Shadergraph] Virtual Texture "Layer Reference" name doesn't sanitize pasted inputs
1. Create a shadergraph
2. Create a virtual texture
3. Copy and paste a word with an invalid symbol (such as an exclamation point or a space) into the "Layer Reference" space in the virtual texture options in the node settings in the graph inspector
Expected result: the pasted string is sanitized
Actual result: the pasted string makes it in with invalid characters, the graph breaks, and although errors show up in the graph, no errors show up in console, making the problem difficult to debug (this is why I chose severity 2)
On top of fixing the bug, it should be looked into why no errors were printed to console, which in and of itself is a bug. Whatever caused that should also be fixed.
Related doc ticket: https://unity3d.atlassian.net/browse/DOC-2827
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI Builder] The border of VisualElement is not created when slicing a pixel art sprite
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window