Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[shadergraph] creating too many keywords crashes unity (previously threw exceptions)
In SRP2Core 2021.1.3f1.2299, graph will throw exceptions/softlock which will lose unsaved progress on that graph.
7.3.1: repeated enum pasting will cause Unity to hang and take up lots of memory/power but the threshold to cause this is much higher than what will cause later versions to crash. Unity will not throw exceptions either like in 2021.1.
In SRP2Core 2021.2.0a16.2250, 5 enum keywords are enough to cause Unity to crash.
Since the consequences are more severe in later versions, I have labeled this as a regression.
1. Open a shadergraph
2. Keep creating enum keywords until Unity crashes
Expected result: Unity keeps you from creating too many keywords
Actual result: Unity crashes
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mesh.GetIndexBuffer() requires Mesh's 'Read/Write' flag to be enabled to get its index buffer data in Builds
- [Backport] [Sprite Atlas V1] Editor crashes when calling SpriteAtlasUtility.PackAtlases
- Deterministic builds have different files when built from the same project
- PlayerBuildInterface.ExtraTypesProvider no longer provides types to IL2CPP
- Touch input is reset in Device Simulator when Unity Remote is killed