Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[shadergraph] creating too many keywords crashes unity (previously threw exceptions)
In SRP2Core 2021.1.3f1.2299, graph will throw exceptions/softlock which will lose unsaved progress on that graph.
7.3.1: repeated enum pasting will cause Unity to hang and take up lots of memory/power but the threshold to cause this is much higher than what will cause later versions to crash. Unity will not throw exceptions either like in 2021.1.
In SRP2Core 2021.2.0a16.2250, 5 enum keywords are enough to cause Unity to crash.
Since the consequences are more severe in later versions, I have labeled this as a regression.
1. Open a shadergraph
2. Keep creating enum keywords until Unity crashes
Expected result: Unity keeps you from creating too many keywords
Actual result: Unity crashes
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window