Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Shader prewarming doesn't actually work on most renderers
Shader prewarming (currently done in SaveAndLoadHelper.cpp::InitializeEngineGraphics()) doesn't actually do anything on most renderers. This is because it is called before the resolution has been set (even before the display settings dialog is shown), and therefore the renderer does not yet have a backbuffer. Older renderers (D3D11, D3D9, GL) probably have just silently ignored the rendering calls.
Suggested fix is to move prewarming to happen after the first SetResolution call, but is going to need a good bit of QA to make sure it doesn't Break Things.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Ctrl + F should start search in PackageManager
- Window stays outside the display when switching from multiple monitors to a single monitor
- The unused shaders are still being tracked when Asynchronous Shader compilation is enabled
- CIL Linker errors are thrown when building with IL2CPP/WebGL
- CTRL+ F should allow searching in the Settings Window