Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Shader prewarming doesn't actually work on most renderers
Shader prewarming (currently done in SaveAndLoadHelper.cpp::InitializeEngineGraphics()) doesn't actually do anything on most renderers. This is because it is called before the resolution has been set (even before the display settings dialog is shown), and therefore the renderer does not yet have a backbuffer. Older renderers (D3D11, D3D9, GL) probably have just silently ignored the rendering calls.
Suggested fix is to move prewarming to happen after the first SetResolution call, but is going to need a good bit of QA to make sure it doesn't Break Things.
won't fix this because this will be improved in future features.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- "The page you were looking for doesn't exist" message appears when trying to Sign in using Unity Hub/Editor
- [Regression] Enviroment lighting is broken in the 2017.4.27f1 version
- Usymtool does not support arm64e
- [Addressables] Exception is thrown when accessing AssetReference.Asset before the asset is loaded