Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2.1.5
Found in [Package]
Shader error causes screen to go black when PostProcessing is on
- create a new project
- add the LWRP package
- update the PostProcessing package
- Add a PostProcessing Layer to the MAin camera in the scene
- notice the screen will go black.
- You will get this shader error
Shader error in 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass': failed to open source file: '../StdLib.hlsl' at line 12 (on d3d11)
Compiling Fragment program with FXAA
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
Reproduced in Unity 19.1.0b9 and 19.2.0a10
Cannot reproduce in 18.3, LWRP 4.10 and PP 2.1.5
Reproduced with PopstProcessing 2.1.5, 2.1.4 and LWRP 5.2.3 to 5.10.0
Cannot reproduce with PostProcessing 2.1.3
Once you switch to 2.1.3 and switch back to 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 the shader compile error is no longer reproducible
Once you reimport the PostProcessing package the shader compile error is no longer reproducible
Jul 06, 2019 20:18
Still present in 2019.1.9f1 with Pink triangle and errors appear when a PostProcess Layer component is added.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Resolution Note (fix version 2.1.5):
There was a bug related to shader path handling on the case of package updates which caused these errors. The issue can also be worked around with shader re-import before this fix is available.