Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Setting Max-Width on left column content of UIElements VisualSplitter breaks resizing
When max-width is specified on the left column content of VisualSplitter, resizing the left column beyond the max-width will eventually cause the right column to shrink to its minimum width. It is expected that the right column width does not change beyond the max-width of the left column.
Reproducible in 2019.3.0f6 and 2020.1.0a22. There are not currently any windows which use max-width with VisualSplitter so some tweaking of existing stylesheets will be necessary to reproduce this behavior.
1. Open unity\External\Resources\editor_resources\Assets\Editor Default Resources\StyleSheets\SettingsWindowCommon.uss in a text editor
2. Add 'max-width: 300px' to the style for 'settings-tree-imgui-container', then save and close the file
3. Build and run Unity
4. Open any project, and from the top toolbar open 'Edit > Preferences'
5. Drag the divider in the Preferences window all the way to the right
The left column of the Preferences window will stop growing once it reaches its maximum width. Dragging the cursor beyond that maximum width to the edge of the window will cause the right column to shrink in size.
Expected behavior is that neither the left or right columns change in size once the left column grows to maximum width.
See attached gif
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Player crashes on iOS 16 devices when “UnityFramework.framework” is added in “Link Binary With Libraries”
- Crash on BurstCompilerService::CompileAsync when opening project
- Shader MatrixArray assigns an Identity Matrix only to the first element when it is supposed to do so on all of them
- [Hololens 2] GameObjects with an ARAnchor attached are deleted when disabled
- AvatarBuilder.BuildHumanAvatar() is unable to find Transform when entering Play Mode