Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Setting .isReadable during OnXprocessTexture causes it to still be true and have memory overhead
1. Open the attached project "AssetProcessorIssue.zip";
2. Observe Textures/Black does not have read/write enabled and also is 42.7 KB size;
3. Build the project for a Player;
4. Launch the build;
5. In the Unity, open Profiler window;
6. Choose a memory section, and in the detailed memory section, take a sample of the memory;
7. Observe the results of black texture size.
Actual results: the size of the Black texture takes up double the memory (85 KB), like what you would expect if read/write enabled is true.
Reproducible on: 2017.4.10f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.5f1, 2018.3.0a10.
Reproducible both with iOS, Android and OSX.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI