Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Setting CharacterController.center wil trigger OnTriggerEnter/OnTriggerExit callbacks
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "783968.zip"
2. Open scene "TriggerTest/trigger"
3. Run it
4. Press "Adjust" button, which is found in Game tab. this will start coroutine which sets CharacterController.center = CharacterController.center
5. In console, notice multiple messages that OnTriggerEnter/OnTriggerExit is called
Note: This doesn't happen if using rigidbody+collider and setting center of that collider.
Reproduced with: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.4p1, 5.4.0b12
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
Jul 08, 2016 01:38
Any chance of getting this fix backported to 5.3.x?
Jun 21, 2016 00:34
Edit: Still happening in 5.4.0b22.
Again, what version was this supposed to be fixed in, some upcoming internal version? I would really like to know, this completely breaks a large portion of my game.
Jun 17, 2016 01:38
What version was this bug fixed in? I am currently still experiencing this in 5.4.0b21. Desperately need a fix for this for my games crouching mechanic.
Apr 20, 2016 16:15
The issue can be clearly seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOBP_uODnJA
Apr 20, 2016 15:19
Lets go guys. This is a game breaking issues that's been around for years now. We need Unity to finally get this fixed.