Search Issue Tracker
SetTargetBuffers plus RenderTextures don't work with deferred shading
When using SetTargetBuffers on a camera to render to a RenderTexture, rendering only works if the camera is not using the DeferredShading render path
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project and "MainScene"
2. Set the "Deferred Shading" checkbox on the "Problem Camera Controller" script on the gameobject "ProblemCamera"
3. Press play
Expected behavior: Camera rendering works
Actual behavior: Game view window is all blue on Mac and random color on Windows
Reproducible: 5.3.7p3, 5.4.4p1, 5.5.0p4, 5.6.0b3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
Dec 01, 2017 00:46
This is still present in 2017.2
If you set a camera's targetTexture it will only draw colour and not depth. In the frame debugger you will see the correct target name as the render target. If you use SetTargetBuffers, it will not write anything to the RenderTexture. In the frame debugger you will see the name "No name" as the render target. Any combination of the two will result in either one of the undesired behaviours, but never what you want.