Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
serializedProperty.objectReferenceInstanceIDValue returns 0 for missing asset references
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 654560.zip project
2. Go to the Assets folder-> right click in the assets window-> Create-> ScriptableObjects->and create SpawnManagerScriptableObject
3. Select "Missing" asset
4. Go to the Inspector-> Missing-> Asset and assign new created SpawnManagerScriptableObject "Data"
5. Delete from the Asset folder SpawnManagerScriptableObject "Data"
6. Go to Menu bar-> Reference-> FindReferenceID
7. Go to the Console window and inspect Debug outputs
Expected: The output for objectReferenceInstanceIDValue for missing asset reference should be the object reference instance ID
Actual: The output for objectReferenceInstanceIDValue for missing asset reference is 0
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.2f1, 2019.2.0b1, 2019.3.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.26f1, 2018.2.21f1
Regression found in: 2018.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build