Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Serialized attribute cannot be focused and written in when it goes just before Dropdown field
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "DropdownBug" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy select the "TextAreaText" GameObject
4. In the Inspector press on the "Unfocusable" variable's field
Expected results: The field gets highlighted
Actual results: The field does not get highlighted
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0b10, 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.8f1, 2021.1.7f1, 2021.2.0a17
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.1.0b9
- It was previously stated that any serialized field before "TextArea" can be focused and written into, any field after "TextArea" cannot, but it's actually the presence of the Dropdown right below it that causes the problem in this case. I managed to reproduce it without a TextArea, only with string fields before the Dropdown field.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- [UI Builder] Editing uXML file externally opens the ui Builder
- [DXC/DX12] No way to enable SM 6.6 features results in compiler error when e.g. using 64-bit atomics in a shader