Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Serialized attribute cannot be focused and written in when it goes just before Dropdown field
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "DropdownBug" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy select the "TextAreaText" GameObject
4. In the Inspector press on the "Unfocusable" variable's field
Expected results: The field gets highlighted
Actual results: The field does not get highlighted
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0b10, 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.8f1, 2021.1.7f1, 2021.2.0a17
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.1.0b9
- It was previously stated that any serialized field before "TextArea" can be focused and written into, any field after "TextArea" cannot, but it's actually the presence of the Dropdown right below it that causes the problem in this case. I managed to reproduce it without a TextArea, only with string fields before the Dropdown field.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Flickering orbs appear when using RenderTargetHandle
- UsePass for ShaderLabShader is ignored and GameObjects are not rendered when SRPBatcher is enabled
- Animated model translated down when interrupting a transition
- UI Toolkit text splits when changing PanelSettings scale
- Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when selecting folders from the folder panel or closing the folder panel with EditorUtility.OpenFolderPanel() in use