Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Serialized attribute cannot be focused and written in when it goes just before Dropdown field
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "DropdownBug" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy select the "TextAreaText" GameObject
4. In the Inspector press on the "Unfocusable" variable's field
Expected results: The field gets highlighted
Actual results: The field does not get highlighted
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0b10, 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.8f1, 2021.1.7f1, 2021.2.0a17
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.1.0b9
- It was previously stated that any serialized field before "TextArea" can be focused and written into, any field after "TextArea" cannot, but it's actually the presence of the Dropdown right below it that causes the problem in this case. I managed to reproduce it without a TextArea, only with string fields before the Dropdown field.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android][URP][OpenGLES3] Render Texture memory increases by 50% when using OpenGLES 3
- MouseButton(0) loses click state when using Device Simulator and enabling "Any iOS Device" in Unity Remote
- [Linux] "Sending message header failed (11)" Warning in Console when opening or closing Standalone Profiler
- [Backport] MacOS Targetsupport Installers for Linux overwrite their content
- [Backport] Scheduled items, asynchronous tasks, and Update() are not run when EditorWindow is opened using ShowModalUtility()