Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
SerializableObject.GetIterator() throws ArgumentNullException when UnpackPrefabInstance() is called on an instantiated Prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" Scene in the attached "case_1164099.zip" Unity project
2. In the Hierarchy tab, select the "TestUnpackPrefabInstance" GameObject
3. In the Inspector tab, click "Create and Unpack Prefab Instance"
4. Observe the Console tab
Expected result: the "ExamplePrefab" Prefab gets instantiated and unpacked without any errors thrown
Actual result: an "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: _unity_self" error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.3.0a8
Note: unable to test on 2017.4 and 2018.3.0a1 through 2018.3.0a5 since UnpackPrefabInstance has not been introduced in these versions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- PropertyDrawer is unresponsive when ReorderableList() and DoList() is used
- Element UI disappears and NullReferenceException is thrown when dragging off the last or first element from the list in the Inspector
- [Silicon] Crash on ScriptableRenderLoopJob when machine is left idle while the Editor is in Play mode
- [Android] GraphicsBuffer.CopyCount does not work with Append Compute Buffer after Compute Shader Dispatch on some Android devices
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script