Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
SerializableObject.GetIterator() throws ArgumentNullException when UnpackPrefabInstance() is called on an instantiated Prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" Scene in the attached "case_1164099.zip" Unity project
2. In the Hierarchy tab, select the "TestUnpackPrefabInstance" GameObject
3. In the Inspector tab, click "Create and Unpack Prefab Instance"
4. Observe the Console tab
Expected result: the "ExamplePrefab" Prefab gets instantiated and unpacked without any errors thrown
Actual result: an "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: _unity_self" error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.3.0a8
Note: unable to test on 2017.4 and 2018.3.0a1 through 2018.3.0a5 since UnpackPrefabInstance has not been introduced in these versions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine