Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
SerializableObject.GetIterator() throws ArgumentNullException when UnpackPrefabInstance() is called on an instantiated Prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" Scene in the attached "case_1164099.zip" Unity project
2. In the Hierarchy tab, select the "TestUnpackPrefabInstance" GameObject
3. In the Inspector tab, click "Create and Unpack Prefab Instance"
4. Observe the Console tab
Expected result: the "ExamplePrefab" Prefab gets instantiated and unpacked without any errors thrown
Actual result: an "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: _unity_self" error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.3.0a8
Note: unable to test on 2017.4 and 2018.3.0a1 through 2018.3.0a5 since UnpackPrefabInstance has not been introduced in these versions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tilemap.SetTile() does not change the tiles when called from Update() in the Player
- Custom Shader Material is pink when the project is built for the WebGL platform
- New 3D URP Sample Scenes Project is created with an invalid dependency on com.unity.render-pipelines.universal-config when creating the Sample Project for the first time
- Canvas Scaler causes abnormal scaling of Canvas elements in Play Mode when UI Scale Mode is set to "Constant Physical Size" and any Editor window is moved to a differently scaled monitor and is interacted with
- Touch.rawPosition always returns (0,0) when clicking or dragging anywhere on the screen in the Play Mode