Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
SerializableObject.GetIterator() throws ArgumentNullException when UnpackPrefabInstance() is called on an instantiated Prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" Scene in the attached "case_1164099.zip" Unity project
2. In the Hierarchy tab, select the "TestUnpackPrefabInstance" GameObject
3. In the Inspector tab, click "Create and Unpack Prefab Instance"
4. Observe the Console tab
Expected result: the "ExamplePrefab" Prefab gets instantiated and unpacked without any errors thrown
Actual result: an "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: _unity_self" error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.3.0a8
Note: unable to test on 2017.4 and 2018.3.0a1 through 2018.3.0a5 since UnpackPrefabInstance has not been introduced in these versions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file
- Profiler Calls view's "Call To" and "Call From" tables are cleared when the Play Mode is entered