Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Search] Saving Search Query with system reserved keywords throws UnityException
In the Search window, On searching for any asset and then saving the Search Query with system reserved keywords throws UnityException. Refer to the attached video and stack trace.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project
2. Window > Search
3. Type any required asset name in the Search.
4. Now Save Search Query with system reserved keywords like 'dot'(.)
Saving Search Query with system reserved keywords throws UnityException
No error should be in the console.
2021.2.0a7, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.1.0b9, 2021.1.0a1
Quick Search is a Built-In Package in the Unity 2021.1.0a1
Occurring on Windows 10 & macOS 10.15.
'Assets/..asset' is not a valid asset file name.
UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/..asset failed.
UnityEditor.Search.SearchQuery.SaveQuery (UnityEditor.Search.SearchQuery asset, UnityEditor.Search.SearchContext context, System.String folder, System.String name) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/SearchQuery.cs:115)
UnityEditor.Search.QuickSearch.CreateSearchQueryFromContext () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/UI/QuickSearch.cs:1697)
UnityEditor.Search.QuickSearch.DrawToolbarButtons () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/UI/QuickSearch.cs:1620)
UnityEditor.Search.QuickSearch.DrawToolbar (UnityEngine.Event evt) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/UI/QuickSearch.cs:1535)
UnityEditor.Search.QuickSearch.OnGUI () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/UI/QuickSearch.cs:679)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor