Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Search] Error is thrown in console on searching different asset in the Search window
In the Search window, On searching different asset like 'Physics', Inspector can't be enabled because it doesn't exist an error is thrown in console. Refer attached video and stack trace.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project
2. Window > Search
3. Type any required asset name in Search (ex. Physics).
4. Observe the error in the console
Error is thrown in console on searching different asset in the Search window
The search window should show respective assets without throwing any error.
Quick Search is a Built-In Package in the Unity 2021.1.0a1
Occurring on macOS 10.15.
Menu Assets/Create/Playables/Playable Asset C# Script can't be enabled because it doesn't exist
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac