Search Issue Tracker
Scripts (except editor scripts) do not recompile after "Scripting Define Symbols" have changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project ("TestImport2018.2.14.zip")
2. Go to "Edit" -> "Project Settings" -> "UIWidgets" -> "Enable TextMeshPro support"
3. Wait while the package imports and recompiles (This should add new symbol "UIWIDGETS_TMPRO_SUPPORT" to "Scripting Define Symbols")
4. Go to "GameOject" -> "UI" -> "UIWidgets with TextMesh Pro support" -> "Collections" -> "TreeView"
5. In the Inspector Window notice that the "Default Item" is empty
6. In the Hierarchy Window Expand the "TreeView" -> "ScrollRect" -> "Viewport" -> "List" -> "DefaultItem" and observe that the "TreeViewComponentTMPro" script - shows compilation errors. (This is because it hasn't recompiled, forcing it to recompile by making any new script changes will fix the errors and create correct "TreeView" objects)
Expected result: Scripts recompile after making changes to Scripting Define Symbols
Actual result: Only Editor Scripts recompile after making changes to Scripting Define Symbols, non-Editor scripts don't recompile. In the particular use case, "TreeViewComponentTMPro.cs" script errors are preventing "TreeView" objects from being created correctly
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a12, 2018.3.1f1, 2017.4.17f1
Note: the workaround would be to also force any specific assets to recompile after changing the Scripting Define Symbols
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website