Search Issue Tracker
Scripts (except editor scripts) do not recompile after "Scripting Define Symbols" have changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project ("TestImport2018.2.14.zip")
2. Go to "Edit" -> "Project Settings" -> "UIWidgets" -> "Enable TextMeshPro support"
3. Wait while the package imports and recompiles (This should add new symbol "UIWIDGETS_TMPRO_SUPPORT" to "Scripting Define Symbols")
4. Go to "GameOject" -> "UI" -> "UIWidgets with TextMesh Pro support" -> "Collections" -> "TreeView"
5. In the Inspector Window notice that the "Default Item" is empty
6. In the Hierarchy Window Expand the "TreeView" -> "ScrollRect" -> "Viewport" -> "List" -> "DefaultItem" and observe that the "TreeViewComponentTMPro" script - shows compilation errors. (This is because it hasn't recompiled, forcing it to recompile by making any new script changes will fix the errors and create correct "TreeView" objects)
Expected result: Scripts recompile after making changes to Scripting Define Symbols
Actual result: Only Editor Scripts recompile after making changes to Scripting Define Symbols, non-Editor scripts don't recompile. In the particular use case, "TreeViewComponentTMPro.cs" script errors are preventing "TreeView" objects from being created correctly
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a12, 2018.3.1f1, 2017.4.17f1
Note: the workaround would be to also force any specific assets to recompile after changing the Scripting Define Symbols
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- [Build Pipeline, Meshes] Mesh Optimization is not using enabled Material Keywords
- [UWP][MR] Development console is in incorrect position in Window Mixed Reality app
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error