Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
[Scripting] "ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio
"ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Assets Menu > Open C# Project.
3. In Visual Studio, delete Test1.cs script from the Solution Explorer window.
4. Focus back to Unity Editor.
Script deleted with an exception in the Unity Console.
The script deletes.
Working Fine with:
Only on Windows
ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null
UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SerializedObject.bindings.cs:39)
UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:553)
UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:452)
UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImporterEditor.FixInspectorCache () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterEditor.cs:203)
UnityEditor.AssemblyReloadEvents.OnAfterAssemblyReload () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyReloadEvents.cs:22)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity overrides certain scripts even when they are named differently
- Custom Pass rendering offseted in build when modifying camera.rect
- Instanced meshes are not drawn at certain camera angles when Graphics.DrawMeshInstanced method is used
- Borders corners not properly rendered
- [WebGL] Texture is missing when Graphics.Blit() method is called for a second time in WebGL build