Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[Scripting] "ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio
"ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Assets Menu > Open C# Project.
3. In Visual Studio, delete Test1.cs script from the Solution Explorer window.
4. Focus back to Unity Editor.
Script deleted with an exception in the Unity Console.
The script deletes.
Working Fine with:
Only on Windows
ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null
UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SerializedObject.bindings.cs:39)
UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:553)
UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:452)
UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImporterEditor.FixInspectorCache () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterEditor.cs:203)
UnityEditor.AssemblyReloadEvents.OnAfterAssemblyReload () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyReloadEvents.cs:22)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Assertion triggered when using Compile and show code button in Shader inspector
- Wrong elements are selected when holding shift and selecting Game Objects in the Scene Hierarchy
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast won't detect a hit with a mesh, if the direction happens to be along a face
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader