Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
[Scripting] "ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio
"ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Assets Menu > Open C# Project.
3. In Visual Studio, delete Test1.cs script from the Solution Explorer window.
4. Focus back to Unity Editor.
Script deleted with an exception in the Unity Console.
The script deletes.
Working Fine with:
Only on Windows
ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null
UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SerializedObject.bindings.cs:39)
UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:553)
UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:452)
UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImporterEditor.FixInspectorCache () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterEditor.cs:203)
UnityEditor.AssemblyReloadEvents.OnAfterAssemblyReload () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyReloadEvents.cs:22)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- [UI] Float type parameter in the Animator Controller displays 0.0 after being changed to a value <0.05
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property
- Error in console when using the progress bar API along with Texture compression