Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
[Scripting] "ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio
"ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Assets Menu > Open C# Project.
3. In Visual Studio, delete Test1.cs script from the Solution Explorer window.
4. Focus back to Unity Editor.
Script deleted with an exception in the Unity Console.
The script deletes.
Working Fine with:
Only on Windows
ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null
UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SerializedObject.bindings.cs:39)
UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:553)
UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:452)
UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImporterEditor.FixInspectorCache () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterEditor.cs:203)
UnityEditor.AssemblyReloadEvents.OnAfterAssemblyReload () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyReloadEvents.cs:22)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file