Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
[Scripting] "ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio
"ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null" exception is thrown on deleting the script from Visual Studio.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Assets Menu > Open C# Project.
3. In Visual Studio, delete Test1.cs script from the Solution Explorer window.
4. Focus back to Unity Editor.
Script deleted with an exception in the Unity Console.
The script deletes.
Working Fine with:
Only on Windows
ArgumentException: Object at index 0 is null
UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SerializedObject.bindings.cs:39)
UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:553)
UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:452)
UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImporterEditor.FixInspectorCache () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterEditor.cs:203)
UnityEditor.AssemblyReloadEvents.OnAfterAssemblyReload () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyReloadEvents.cs:22)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Symbolink Sources option broke for Android
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is inconsistent when Reload Scene is disabled in Configurable Play Mode
- Spam in console when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- HDR values are not taken into account when using baked gradient environment