Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Screen.orientation returns Landscape despite it being made obsolete
Screen.orientation returns Landscape when the orientation is set to Landscape Left. This is incorrect because ScreenOrientation.Landscape was made obsolete.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Build for a mobile device of your choice
3. Attach a tool to verify console output - Screen.orientation reports Landscape.
Note: the attached project already has the Default Orientation set to Landscape Left. Make sure you have the same setting if you are not using the attached project.
Expected result: Screen.orientation is equal to ScreenOrientation.LandscapeLeft.
Actual result: Screen.orientation is equal to ScreenOrientation.Landscape
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a16 and above
This is an undesirable result because we have made the ScreenOrientation.Landscape obsolete thus it's hard to use the resulting enum value from Screen.orientation in case it is needed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual Studio debugger doesn't show full properties of animation variables on Android and IOS Platforms when using IL2CPP Scripting Backend
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] "Access Denied" error when downloading Plastic SCM Cloud Edition through the Editor
- UpdateRendererBonudingVolumes process takes more time when disabled Renderers are used
- "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null" error is thrown when selecting a Visual Element with a custom Render Texture set as a background
- Changes are not saved when changing Styles' orders in the UI Builder
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed Screen.orientation returning deprecated "Landscape" value instead of "LandscapeLeft".