Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Screen.orientation returns Landscape despite it being made obsolete
Screen.orientation returns Landscape when the orientation is set to Landscape Left. This is incorrect because ScreenOrientation.Landscape was made obsolete.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Build for a mobile device of your choice
3. Attach a tool to verify console output - Screen.orientation reports Landscape.
Note: the attached project already has the Default Orientation set to Landscape Left. Make sure you have the same setting if you are not using the attached project.
Expected result: Screen.orientation is equal to ScreenOrientation.LandscapeLeft.
Actual result: Screen.orientation is equal to ScreenOrientation.Landscape
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a16 and above
This is an undesirable result because we have made the ScreenOrientation.Landscape obsolete thus it's hard to use the resulting enum value from Screen.orientation in case it is needed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first
- Graphics.DrawProceduralIndirect and Graphics.DrawProceduralNow silently dropped on DX12