Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Screen.orientation returns Landscape despite it being made obsolete
Screen.orientation returns Landscape when the orientation is set to Landscape Left. This is incorrect because ScreenOrientation.Landscape was made obsolete.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Build for a mobile device of your choice
3. Attach a tool to verify console output - Screen.orientation reports Landscape.
Note: the attached project already has the Default Orientation set to Landscape Left. Make sure you have the same setting if you are not using the attached project.
Expected result: Screen.orientation is equal to ScreenOrientation.LandscapeLeft.
Actual result: Screen.orientation is equal to ScreenOrientation.Landscape
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a16 and above
This is an undesirable result because we have made the ScreenOrientation.Landscape obsolete thus it's hard to use the resulting enum value from Screen.orientation in case it is needed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"