Search Issue Tracker
[SceneView] Shadows are of incorrect size for objects which have high position values
1. Open attached project
2. Open sample scene
3. Focus on the cube
4. Move around the camera in the scene view
5. Notice that shadows are of incorrect size and shape
The size and shape seem to depend on the shadow cascades, but with every single setting, it's still incorrect.
At least one of coordinates has to be over 3000 to reproduce this consistently.
Reproduced with 2018.1, 2018.3, 2019.1, 2019.2
This is a duplicate of issue #630399Flickering shadows with large Terrain + Cast Shadows enabled + large Shadow Distance value. Precision Issues?
As we are not focusing on the built-in render pipeline, we are aiming to close this bug. As a workaround we suggest to aggressively adjust the near/far plane for shadows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- "The page you were looking for doesn't exist" message appears when trying to Sign in using Unity Hub/Editor
- [Regression] Enviroment lighting is broken in the 2017.4.27f1 version
- Usymtool does not support arm64e
- [Addressables] Exception is thrown when accessing AssetReference.Asset before the asset is loaded