Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 13.1.1
Found in [Package]
Scene/Game view is flickering to fully black after moving viewpoint when Volumetric Clouds are enabled
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project and "EveningB" scene;
2. In the Package Manager install latest available HDRP package build fom the latest master branch;
3. In the Scene view move the view point;
4. Observe the scene view.
The rendering in the Scene and Game view is stable.
Scene view window is flickering to full black. See attached video.
Workaround is to either disable Volumetric clouds in HDRP global settings or enable "Camera Stop NaNs" option in the Scene view Camera settings (under HD Render Pipeline section).
Regression introduced in-between Versions 2020.3 and 2022.1.
- Reproducible in Version 2022.1.0a15, HDRP 13.1.1 (e1ff7943120238563732e7d5e75e97764f820d62);
- Reproducible on Windows;
- Not reproducible when Volumetric Clouds are disabled in the global HDRP settings file;
- NanTracker debug view mode shows Volumetric Clouds as a faulty material, causing NaNs (see attached screenshots);
- Black rendering is also reproducible in Standalone player;
- Cannot repro in HDRP SampleScene; this is pretty much likely project-specific bug.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"
- [Mobile] System.Convert.ToSingle throws exception when using specific language on device