Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Scene needs to be saved twice when creating an instance of a Prefab having a Layout Group component and a child UI GameObject
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1195283.zip"
2. Create an instance of the "test" Prefab in a scene
3. Notice that the scene is marked as dirty
4. Save the scene
Expected result: Scene is no longer marked as dirty
Actual result: Scene is still marked as dirty
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a11, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.3.0a10
The issue is reproducible with any Layout Group component added to the parent GameObject.
The issue is reproducible with Image, Raw Image or Text component attached to the child GameObject.
The issue does not reproduce when creating an instance of a Prefab created in an unaffected Unity version.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Sep 30, 2022 11:11
Happens in 2021.3.5f1 and is super annoying with version control, giving twice the amount of work to developers and reviewers when prefabs are included because they have to either remove the changes which are irrelevant or ignore them during the review, but this takes a lot of time.
Aug 29, 2022 15:52
This still happens in 2021.3.7f1
Jan 18, 2022 13:16
This still happens on 2021.2.8f1