Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Result is missing from OnWillCreateAsset() when the method is called by creating a Prefab
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Drag "Game Object" from the Hierarchy to Project view in order to create a prefab
3. Open Console
Expected result: "OnWillCreateAsset - Assets/GameObject.prefab" and "OnWillCreateAsset - Assets/GameObject.prefab.meta" messages are printed
Actual result: only OnWillCreateAsset - Assets/GameObject.prefab.meta" message is printed
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a6, 2018.3.0b5, 2019.1.0a4
Not reproducible with: 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.11f1, 2018.3.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual Studio debugger doesn't show full properties of animation variables on Android and IOS Platforms when using IL2CPP Scripting Backend
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] "Access Denied" error when downloading Plastic SCM Cloud Edition through the Editor
- UpdateRendererBonudingVolumes process takes more time when disabled Renderers are used
- "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null" error is thrown when selecting a Visual Element with a custom Render Texture set as a background
- Changes are not saved when changing Styles' orders in the UI Builder
Jun 18, 2019 08:07
Turns out, this specific issue regarding prefabs was indeed fixed during the 2019.1 alpha, but the general issue of missing file paths is still present for scene files.
Jun 18, 2019 07:54
In which minor version was this fixed? I'm on 2019.1.0f2 and still seeing the issue.