Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Rendering order of Canvas depends on a child's Z position when Render Mode is "Screen Space - Camera"
1. Open the user's attached project "CanvasSortingBug.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. Select "RogueImage" under "Canvas1 (Plane Distance 10)" GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. Enable the Image component in the Inspector window
Expected result: The rendering order is determined by Plane Distance, the red square stays in front of other squares
Actual result: The Canvas and its child GameObjects are rendered behind the other Canvases, the red square is behind other squares
Reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.29f1, 2021.2.12f1, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a5
1. Plane Distance still affects the rendering order when the Image component is enabled
2. Reproducible with Image and Raw Image components
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to MeshRenderer.shadowCastingMode don't take effect immediately when being made in OnPreRender
- Pressing Control when the Scene View is in focus logs a "CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing" warning
- [Android] UI is being scaled up on some Android devices when the referenced resolution in the "Canvas Scaler" component is larger than the actual screen resolution of the device
- Resizing the Scene View causes the Editor to lag when the Canvas contains many items and it's Rect Transform size is changed
- Gizmo Settings Menu overflows to another monitor when the Scene View is expanded