Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Scene GameObjects disappear when renaming it to an already deleted Scene name
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create a new Scene 'test' in the Scenes folder and open it
3. Delete the newly created 'test' Scene
4. Select the 'SampleScene' and duplicate it (CTRL + D)
5. Open the 'SampleScene' without saving the 'test' Scene
6. Rename the 'SampleScene1' to 'test'
7. Open 'test' Scene
Expected result: 'test' Scene is identical to 'SampleScene'
Actual result: all of the 'test' Scene GameObjects disappear from the Hierarchy window and the Scene view
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a8, 2019.4.4f1, 2020.1.0b16, 2020.2.0a18
Not reproducible: 2018.4.25f1, 2019.3.0a7
Renaming the Scene to anything else after the issue occurs restores the GameObjects
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved