Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Scene GameObjects disappear when renaming it to an already deleted Scene name
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create a new Scene 'test' in the Scenes folder and open it
3. Delete the newly created 'test' Scene
4. Select the 'SampleScene' and duplicate it (CTRL + D)
5. Open the 'SampleScene' without saving the 'test' Scene
6. Rename the 'SampleScene1' to 'test'
7. Open 'test' Scene
Expected result: 'test' Scene is identical to 'SampleScene'
Actual result: all of the 'test' Scene GameObjects disappear from the Hierarchy window and the Scene view
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a8, 2019.4.4f1, 2020.1.0b16, 2020.2.0a18
Not reproducible: 2018.4.25f1, 2019.3.0a7
Renaming the Scene to anything else after the issue occurs restores the GameObjects
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Asset corruption when using the Accelerator cache server
- [Linux] Mouse position is incorrect when playing build on a multiple monitor setup in full screen mode
- PlayerSettings.asset displays incorrect appleEnableAutomaticSigning value
- [Linux] Silent crash on TLSAllocator<(AllocatorMode)0>::ThreadInitialize(unsigned long, char const*) when restarting after setting Graphics API to Vulkan
- AssetBundle allocates more memory when loading it a second time