Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Scene GameObjects disappear when renaming it to an already deleted Scene name
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create a new Scene 'test' in the Scenes folder and open it
3. Delete the newly created 'test' Scene
4. Select the 'SampleScene' and duplicate it (CTRL + D)
5. Open the 'SampleScene' without saving the 'test' Scene
6. Rename the 'SampleScene1' to 'test'
7. Open 'test' Scene
Expected result: 'test' Scene is identical to 'SampleScene'
Actual result: all of the 'test' Scene GameObjects disappear from the Hierarchy window and the Scene view
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a8, 2019.4.4f1, 2020.1.0b16, 2020.2.0a18
Not reproducible: 2018.4.25f1, 2019.3.0a7
Renaming the Scene to anything else after the issue occurs restores the GameObjects
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible