Search Issue Tracker
Scene GameObjects disappear when renaming it to an already deleted Scene name
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create a new Scene 'test' in the Scenes folder and open it
3. Delete the newly created 'test' Scene
4. Select the 'SampleScene' and duplicate it (CTRL + D)
5. Open the 'SampleScene' without saving the 'test' Scene
6. Rename the 'SampleScene1' to 'test'
7. Open 'test' Scene
Expected result: 'test' Scene is identical to 'SampleScene'
Actual result: all of the 'test' Scene GameObjects disappear from the Hierarchy window and the Scene view
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a8, 2019.4.4f1, 2020.1.0b16, 2020.2.0a18
Not reproducible: 2018.4.25f1, 2019.3.0a7
Renaming the Scene to anything else after the issue occurs restores the GameObjects
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file
- Profiler Calls view's "Call To" and "Call From" tables are cleared when the Play Mode is entered