Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Scene GameObjects disappear when renaming it to an already deleted Scene name
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create a new Scene 'test' in the Scenes folder and open it
3. Delete the newly created 'test' Scene
4. Select the 'SampleScene' and duplicate it (CTRL + D)
5. Open the 'SampleScene' without saving the 'test' Scene
6. Rename the 'SampleScene1' to 'test'
7. Open 'test' Scene
Expected result: 'test' Scene is identical to 'SampleScene'
Actual result: all of the 'test' Scene GameObjects disappear from the Hierarchy window and the Scene view
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a8, 2019.4.4f1, 2020.1.0b16, 2020.2.0a18
Not reproducible: 2018.4.25f1, 2019.3.0a7
Renaming the Scene to anything else after the issue occurs restores the GameObjects
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Same values are being generated if using a random function when “Freeform Light 2D” light is in the scene
- “Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin“ error appears when installing/uninstalling a package if the “Search” window has any text in the search field
- The Animation dropdown in the Animation window can't be opened when Animation is renamed
- [IL2CPP] Building fails when local functions in method with SystemAPI() are used
- Context menu should open on mouse down instead of mouse up on MacOS