Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[Regression][OSX][5.5] 'Couldn't decompress package' error is shown after importing package through Launcher
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. In the Launcher window click 'New' button;
3. Click 'Add Asset Package' button;
4. Select 'Gaia - Terrain Creation Texturing population';
5. Click 'Done';
6. Enter the name of the project, specify path and click 'Create Project'.
Package starts to decompress, and is eventually imported to the 'Assets' folder of the project.
- Decompressing doesn't happen;
- Editor throws error : Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package.
See attached video and actual.png screenshot.
Regression introduced in 5.5.0b6.
Workaround is to import the package when launching Asset Store from Editor.
- Reproducible in 5.6.0a1(trunk), 5.5.0b6;
- Not reproducible in 5.5.0b5, 5.5.0b4, 5.4.1p1;
- Reproducible only OSX 10.12; not reproducible in Windows 10;
- Happens only when importing package through Launcher; Not reproducible for importing packages inside active Editor window.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off