Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[Regression][OSX][5.5] 'Couldn't decompress package' error is shown after importing package through Launcher
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. In the Launcher window click 'New' button;
3. Click 'Add Asset Package' button;
4. Select 'Gaia - Terrain Creation Texturing population';
5. Click 'Done';
6. Enter the name of the project, specify path and click 'Create Project'.
Package starts to decompress, and is eventually imported to the 'Assets' folder of the project.
- Decompressing doesn't happen;
- Editor throws error : Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package.
See attached video and actual.png screenshot.
Regression introduced in 5.5.0b6.
Workaround is to import the package when launching Asset Store from Editor.
- Reproducible in 5.6.0a1(trunk), 5.5.0b6;
- Not reproducible in 5.5.0b5, 5.5.0b4, 5.4.1p1;
- Reproducible only OSX 10.12; not reproducible in Windows 10;
- Happens only when importing package through Launcher; Not reproducible for importing packages inside active Editor window.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Toolkit's MinMaxSlider snaps unexpectedly in Runtime
- [2D] [URP] Objects are rendered twice when Foremost Sorting Layer is enabled
- Physics applied to Rigidbody is not fully disabled when setting the Rigidbody to Kinematic
- Scene view turns black when using a custom Mesh Renderer
- VFX Graph ZWrite has no effect when using URP PostProcessing DoF effect