Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.5.0
[Regression][Editor] Two separate brushes are rendered after adding second Inspector tab in Editor
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Create new project;
3. Add Terrain gameobject (GameObject -> 3D Object -> Terrain);
4. In the Terrain component select Raise/Lower Terrain tab;
5. Choose 4th brush (with sharp edges);
6. Raycast on terrain and observe that brush is rendered normally and raycasting works;
7. Click right mouse button on Inspector tab and choose Add tab -> Inspector;
8. Raycast on terrain;
9. Observe the brush rendering.
The brush rendering is broken - it consists of 2 'nested' brushes now, the internal (dark) one is a real brush which changes upon toggling brush size in Inspector. Overall it looks like 2 brushes overlapping each other are rendered and active. This creates problems with raycasting and it stops functioning as expected. See attached gif video and actual.png screenshot.
Regression introduced in Version 5.5.0a3.
Workaround is to either switch to default layout or disable second Inspector component (doesn't work effectively).
Only one Inspector should be taken into account internally when painting on terrain; second Inspector tab should just reflect changes to the first one. See attached expected.png screenshot.
- Reproducible in 5.6.0a1 (trunk) 5.5.0b6, 5.5.0b5, 5.5.0a3;
- Not reproducible in 5.5.0a2, 5.4.0f3;
- Reproducible on both Windows 10 and OSX 10.11.6.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Tilemap] Frustum culling is culling large tiles incorrectly
- [PLM] Shadows from SpeedTree are not baked if lightmap resolution is changed while baking
- Editor DPI scaling issues - menus/tabs/etc. appearing in wrong location when opened/dragged
- Editor crashes when closing 2D Roguelike tutorial project and choosing Keep if external editor is open with any of its files
- When setting SupportedRenderingFeatures.lightmapBakeType to Bake only, light inspector doesn't show a warning if Mixed mode