Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
[Regression] Default terrain's material is more specular in 5.6 than in previous versions
You'll need Unity 5.5 and 5.6.
Steps to repro:
1. Create new project in Unity 5.5.;
2. Export attached package;
3. Open 'test' scene;
4. Observe terrain gameobject's surface;
5. Save project and close Unity 5.5;
6. Reopen the project in Unity 5.6;
7. Open 'test' scene;
8. Observe terrain gameobject's surface and compare it to the one observed in 5.5.
In 5.6. terrain's surface is much more specular (see attached screenshots).
Regression introduced in Unity 5.6.0b3 (358ff4ed3952).
Terrain surface rendering should be same after upgrading to 5.6.
- Reproduces in 5.6.0b3;
- Doesn't repro in Unity 5.6.0b2, 5.6.0b1, 5.5.0p1;
- Reproduces on Windows 10 and OSX 10.12.1;
- Also specular rendering reproduces when creating new Unity project;
- Reproduces when upgrading project with exactly the same Terrain, Rendering and GI settings;
- Reproduces in both Editor and Standalone Player.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- CIL Linker errors are thrown when building with IL2CPP/WebGL
- Some normal maps has ripple effect and appears to be lower in quality when using default compression settings
- <color=red><></color> does not work with 呸 symbol
- Warning on affected shader count is not thrown when trying to collect shader variants with Async Shader compilation enabled
- Japanese diacritic symbols are missing from the build executable file when building the project