Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Regression][5.4] Shadowy artifact appears on mesh after importing 'City Building Perfect Kit' and opening the scene
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Crete new project;
3. Open Asset Store (Window - Asset Store);
4. Search for 'City Building Perfect Kit' (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/50027), download and import it to the project;
5. In the 'Project' folder go to Assets -> CityBuildingPerfectKit -> Scenes;
6. Open 'Town' scene;
7. Observe the surface mesh rendering.
Shadowy artifact appears on surface mesh after importing asset and opening the scene (see attached gif video and actual.png).
Regression introduced somewhere in Unity 5.4.
Workaround is to save scene/project and reopen Editor - in this case artifact disappears.
- Reproducible in: 5.4.0b17, 5.4.0b16, 5.4.0b8;
- Not reproducible in 5.3.4p4, 5.3.3p2;
- Reproducible on both OSX 10.11.4 and on Windows 10;
- Reproducible ONLY when importing abovementioned package from Asset Store, doesn't repro when importing package, created from downloaded asset;
- Reproduces in both Editor's Scene/Game view and in Standalone runtime build.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- globalgamemanagers.assets contains references to platform-specific scripts when those scripts are present in the Project
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property