Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
[Regression][5.4] Shadowy artifact appears on mesh after importing 'City Building Perfect Kit' and opening the scene
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Crete new project;
3. Open Asset Store (Window - Asset Store);
4. Search for 'City Building Perfect Kit' (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/50027), download and import it to the project;
5. In the 'Project' folder go to Assets -> CityBuildingPerfectKit -> Scenes;
6. Open 'Town' scene;
7. Observe the surface mesh rendering.
Shadowy artifact appears on surface mesh after importing asset and opening the scene (see attached gif video and actual.png).
Regression introduced somewhere in Unity 5.4.
Workaround is to save scene/project and reopen Editor - in this case artifact disappears.
- Reproducible in: 5.4.0b17, 5.4.0b16, 5.4.0b8;
- Not reproducible in 5.3.4p4, 5.3.3p2;
- Reproducible on both OSX 10.11.4 and on Windows 10;
- Reproducible ONLY when importing abovementioned package from Asset Store, doesn't repro when importing package, created from downloaded asset;
- Reproduces in both Editor's Scene/Game view and in Standalone runtime build.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework
- Particle system trails sprites modifies unexpectedly when Texture Sheet Animation is enabled
- UWP player fails to play WebCamTexture when using specific webcam