Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
References on Prefabs aren't automatically added when the target of the missing reference is imported
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1270634 repro" project
2. Extract files from "TheMissingFiles.zip" archive to the Assets folder of the project
3. Focus the Editor and select the "GameObject.prefab" Prefab from the Assets folder
Expected results: the "Object Custom Object" reference targets the "MyCustomObject.asset" file
Actual results: the "Object Custom Object" reference is set to "None (Custom Object)" and reimport of the Prefab is required
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.5f1, 2020.2.0b2
-This scenario is most likely to occur when using Version Control
-This issue reproduces with ScriptableObject and Timeline references
-This issue doesn't seem to be reproducible with missing Sprite, Shader, Audio Mixer, Controller, Terrain Layer, Physics Material references
-When a reference witch reproduces the issue is missing, the "Object Custom Object" field displays "None (Custom Object)"
-When a reference which doesn't reproduce the issue is missing, the "Object Custom Object" field displays "Missing(Sprite)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Performing Android and iOS batch-mode builds causes error in RenderTexture
- Windows Player exe contains unwanted properties, causing text "Unity Playback Engine" to appear in task bar when mousing over it
- Changes made by the Script in the UI Document are reset when performing an Undo operation after changing the GameObject with this Script
- Emissive materials are broken when loading Scene via SceneManager.LoadScene
- [URP] [Decals] ProxyLighting Decal shader doesn't work in Screen Space Technique