Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Reference of nested Prefab instance not updating when restored through Collab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project and set it up as collab with an initial commit
2. Open "TestScene" and expand "Parent" object in Hierarchy Window
3. From Project Window delete "Child" prefab
4. In Project Window right-click "Parent" prefab and select "Reimport", check changes in Hierarchy Window
5. From Collab Window revert deletion of the prefab, check changes in Hierarchy Window
Expected result: After reverting deletion all object instances in Hierarchy are valid and linked to prefabs.
Actual result: After reverting the deletion of the "Child" Prefab, the reference inside the "Parent" object instance remains invalid.
Notes: Does not happen if "Reimport" is not executed. Another Reimport after restoring fixes it back.
Reproducible with: 2018.4.0f14
Not reproducible with: 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0f3, 2020.1.0a17
Could not test with: 2017.4 - nested Prefabs not supported
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor error message from IL2CPP on Windows Desktop with specific Visual Studio installation sequence
- [WebGL] Nothing is rendered (the screen is black) in the Player when using Safari
- [CPULM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos
- [Android]APK fails to be registered when building using Keystore with the build
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect