Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2018.1.X
RectMask2D stops masking, when it's child has a child with Mask and Image components inside the RectMask2d area
It reproduces when UI Object with a "Rect Mask 2D" has a child object (which is not the first child in hierarchy) which also has a Child with Image(script) and Mask(script) components. Also, there must be another UI element on the Canvas, so that object with the "Rect Mask 2D" is not the most bottom child of Canvas.
1. Open "Test" scene, from "SimplerUiProject.zip"
2. Open Game (or Scene) window and inspect, that RectMask2d is working correctly.
3. In Hierarchy find "Canvas -> RectMask -> Parent_of_Mask" and enable "Parent_of_Mask" object.
Expected result: Enabling this object does not change the way RectMask2d works.
Actual result: RectMask2d is no longer working.
Reproducible: 2017.2.0b6, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.3.0b4, 2018.1.0a1
Not Reproducible: 2017.2.0b5
Make sure Object with RectMask2D is the bottom child in Canvas.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity drains raw input message queue before Rewired can process each event, making it miss some
- Old input system misses some mouse movement if the new input system is also enabled
- [URP] _ProjectionParams.x with Overlay rendering
- Assertion triggered when using Compile and show code button in Shader inspector
- Wrong elements are selected when holding shift and selecting Game Objects in the Scene Hierarchy