Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0a12
Raycasts fail to hit Collider when there is a different GameObject with a Collider very far away in the scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1136525-RaycastBug" and scene "TestScene"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. In the Hierarchy select the "OutOfBoundsObject" GameObject and make it active through the Inspector
4. Observe changes in the Console Window
Expected result: the Console Window keeps outputting "Hit == True" at all times in Play Mode
Actual result: Console Window starts showing "Hit == False" when "OutOfBoundsObject" is disabled
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a5, 2018.3.9f1, 2019.1.0b7, 2019.2.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.23f1, 2018.3.0a4
Note: both "RaycastTarget" and "OutOfBoundsObject" have to have RigidBody Components. The "RaycastTarget" fails to be hit only when in certain configurations of its position and the raycast origin's position
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags