Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Quitting the player that has a lot of alive objects with finalizers results in a crash
How to Reproduce:
1. Download the attached script;
2. Create an empty Unity project;
3. Attach said script to any GameObject;
4. Build a 64-bit Windows Standalone player;
5. Run the player;
6. Attach a native debugger;
7. Wait for the player to allocate 20 GB of memory.
Expected result: After freezing application quits
Actual result: After freezing debugger throws an "Access violation executing location" error.
Reproducible with: 2019.4.31f1, 2020.3.20f1, 2021.1.25f1, 2021.2.0b16, 2022.1.0a12
Note: Bug doesn't reproduce every time
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied