Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
"Pure virtual function call" crash on import (Recursive serialization assert)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached project "UnityProject.zip"
2. Notice crash on import
Note: Project opens and stops crashing on other versions after opening it with Unity 5.0.3f2
Editor.log is also spammed with:
Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either eg. EditorGUIUtility.TextContent should be moved to OnEnable. See stacktrace.)
No usual stack trace at the end of the file, but this message also comes with what seems stack trace (see first edit for full output)
Tested and reproduced on:
Unity 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4p1, 5.3.0f2, 5.3.2p1, 5.4.0b3
NOT Reproducible on:
Unity 5.0.3f2 (API that was used to create the crash, did not exist yet in this version)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] crash on il2cpp::os::Image::Initialize() on Application launch
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'