Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
"Pure virtual function call" crash on import (Recursive serialization assert)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached project "UnityProject.zip"
2. Notice crash on import
Note: Project opens and stops crashing on other versions after opening it with Unity 5.0.3f2
Editor.log is also spammed with:
Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either eg. EditorGUIUtility.TextContent should be moved to OnEnable. See stacktrace.)
No usual stack trace at the end of the file, but this message also comes with what seems stack trace (see first edit for full output)
Tested and reproduced on:
Unity 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4p1, 5.3.0f2, 5.3.2p1, 5.4.0b3
NOT Reproducible on:
Unity 5.0.3f2 (API that was used to create the crash, did not exist yet in this version)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Presets] Deleting a single preset from the project generates an error in the console
- [Linux] [Bugreporter] Suggestion box never updates
- [Pen][Editor] Pen position is not consistent with Mouse position in custom Editor window.
- InvalidOperationException when exiting Playmode
- Inspector mode defaults to "Normal" after Editor restart