Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.3.11f1, 2023.2.0b14, 2023.3.0a10
[Project View] Certain console errors trigger the lock icon highlight on Project View, but they do not highlight anything when unlocked
1. Open attached project.
2. Open scene Assets > Scenes > Gameplay
3. Note the error that appears in Console. With Project and Console tab both visible, lock the Project tab.
*Expected Result:* Either the lock icon shouldn't highlight in project view, or something should be highlighted in project view once it's been unlocked.
*Actual result:* The lock icon highlights when the error is clicked on, but then when unlocked, nothing changes in Project view.
Reproducible in 2023.2.0b7, 2022.3.7f1
Not reproducible in 2021.3.29f1, though I'm not sure if this is just because the highlighted lock icon isn't a feature yet or if it's actually a regression.
Marking tentatively as a regression, though it's not been extensively tested. Please contact ticket reporter if further regression testing is required.
* So far I've notice this only happens on certain errors, such as this "mesh must have at least one non-degenerate triangle" that appears when opening the gameplay scene.
* The provided repro project isn't great for downgrading, (lots of errors), but it does still display the error that repros this all the way to 2021.
* Tested on Windows 10.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tilemap Collider 2D is not updating the Collider shapes when removing Tiles on the Tilemap component
- Inspector with the scrollbar is unusable when Material properties are edited and the scene is saved
- The Rendering Profiler module statistics are zero when Application.targetFrameRate is set
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project