Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
Profiling the Editor while running a Development Build causes a flood of UDP packets resulting in Editor lag
1. Open WireShark
2. Filter "ip.dst==18.104.22.168"
3. Create a New Project
4. Build & Run a Standalone build (Development Build, Autoconnect Profiler)
5. See how many packets are being sent in WireShark (A few per second)
6. Profile the Editor
7. See how many packets are being sent in WireShark (Hundreds per second)
Expected Result: Profiling the Editor while running a Development Build should not cause a flood of UDP packets or Editor lag
Actual Result: Profiling the Editor while running a Development Build causes a flood of UDP packets resulting in Editor lag
Reproduced with: 2020.1.0a9, 2019.3.0b8, 2019.2.10f1, 2019.1.8f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.2.21f1, 2018.2.0b1, 2018.2.0a7, 2018.2.0a6
Did not reproduce on: 2018.2.0a5, 2018.2.0a1, 2018.1.9f1, 2017.4.33f1
Dec 12, 2019 17:05
Is there a short-term workaround for this? And when is the next point-release due? I have just finished upgrading our project to 2019.2.15f1 and I can't merge back to mainline with this issue present!
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed with 2020.1.0a15, backported to 2019.3.0f4, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.2.17f1
Underlying issue that slow down editor are not UDP packages but issue with querying IP addresses in player connection. This was issue that was only related to windows and I suspect there was performance regression in Microsoft API that introduced editor slowdown (1 call took ~10 ms). Because of that we changed code so it only use this API when it is really required.
This fixed underlying issue of this case: Slowdown of editor when a lot players running in the network (marker EditorConnection.PollAllCustomMessages in some cases taking more than 50ms per frame).