Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.33f1, 2022.3.13f1, 2023.1.19f1, 2023.2.0b16, 2023.3.0a11
Preset Window selection does not match when switching tabs
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "PresetBug.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select the "Cube" GameObject
3. In Inspector window, select the Mesh Filter Component and open the Presets window
4. In Presets window's "All" tab, select "Assets/MeshFilterA.asset"
5. In Presets window, switch to the "Project" tab
6. Observe the currently selected Preset
Expected result: The MeshFilterA Preset remains selected
Actual result: The MeshFilterC Preset is selected, due to it having the same position in the "Project" tab's list as MeshFilterA did in the "All" tab's list
Reproducible with: 2023.1.4f1, 2023.2.0a23
Could not test with: 2021.3.28f1, 2022.3.5f1 (Outdated Presets window)
- this is not a Preset Window specific bug. This is a Search Window bug (hence why backports were created up to 21.3). The search window would retain the same "selection indices" when you were clicking on tabs.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when entering PlayMode while the GameObject's Properties Inspector window is in Debug mode
- Tilemap Collider 2D is not updating the Collider shapes when removing Tiles on the Tilemap component
- Inspector with the scrollbar is unusable when Material properties are edited and the scene is saved
- The Rendering Profiler module statistics are zero when Application.targetFrameRate is set
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning