Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Prefab's thumbnail isn't updated when shader is modified
How to reproduce it:
1. Open attached project '1298200.zip'
2. Open the 'Presents' > 'Prefabs' folder in the Project view
3. Select the 'present_01' Prefab
4. In the Inspector view, change Shader drop-down menu's value to 'Standard'
5. Click on the Inspector view's preview and observe it
6. Observe the 'present_01' Prefab's thumbnail in the Project view
Expected result: In the Project view, Prefab's thumbnail is automatically updated and displays Prefab with pink material
Actual result: In the Project view, the Prefab's thumbnail isn't updated, and the Prefab's material remains unchanged
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b1
- Right-click on the Project view and click 'Reimport All'
- In 2020.1.17f1 and lower versions, it is not necessary to reimport the whole project. It is enough to reimport selected Prefabs
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader is not rendered when platform is set to iOS
- Crash on PhysicsManager2D::Simulate when a Prefab is spawned in Play Mode
- [tvOS] CFBundleShortVersionString is not updated when changing Version in Player Settings
- “VideoPlayer.DecodeNextFrame” continues decoding in Profiler when the Video Clip has finished playing
- The Update function is not called in WebGL when the browser is minimized