Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Prefab's thumbnail isn't updated when shader is modified
How to reproduce it:
1. Open attached project '1298200.zip'
2. Open the 'Presents' > 'Prefabs' folder in the Project view
3. Select the 'present_01' Prefab
4. In the Inspector view, change Shader drop-down menu's value to 'Standard'
5. Click on the Inspector view's preview and observe it
6. Observe the 'present_01' Prefab's thumbnail in the Project view
Expected result: In the Project view, Prefab's thumbnail is automatically updated and displays Prefab with pink material
Actual result: In the Project view, the Prefab's thumbnail isn't updated, and the Prefab's material remains unchanged
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b1
- Right-click on the Project view and click 'Reimport All'
- In 2020.1.17f1 and lower versions, it is not necessary to reimport the whole project. It is enough to reimport selected Prefabs
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “RegisterCallback<KeyUpEvent>” and “RegisterCallback<KeyDownEvent>“ callbacks are not called when pressing keys in a UI Toolkit window
- [VFX Graph] Use base color map set to none after material change in output
- [Mac] Context menu in Hierarchy is available but not functional when the Editor is out of focus
- Cursor's static properties does not change when changing the Cursor's states
- Cannot archive build for iOS using Xcode 13.3 when the project is built on a Windows machine